September 27th, 2012 by Kelly McLain
Most of the usual suspects were back at it Thursday as the Portland Timbers continued preparations for this weekend’s match with visiting DC United. The meat of the session was closed to media, but most of the recently injured players were seen taking part.
- Kalif Alhassan was not participating (at least while media was watching). We were told that he was getting treatment on his knee, but that it was not a new injury.
- Jake Gleeson (hand) and Donovan Ricketts (shoulder) used their hands while warming up with Joe Bendik and goalkeeper coach Mike Toshack. Both keepers seemed fine catching crosses, but Ricketts was doing his best to keep his left arm static while distributing balls out towards the sideline.
- Lovel Palmer (knee), Diego Chara (adductor strain) and Freddie Braun (abdominal strain) all warmed-up with the team and appeared to participate in the full session.
- Kris Boyd (adductor strain) was not seen
- U23 player Cam Vickers continues to train with the team.
- Defender Mobi Fehr is still on trial with the team.